You are here

Australian sponsored genocide against Iraq 1990-2012 killed 3.3 million, including 750,000 children

Syria has given refuge to a vast number of refugees from wars extending back to the creation of Israel by the expulsion of Palestinans in 1947. According to Wikipedia, "Syria hosted a population of refugees and asylum seekers number approximately 1,852,300. Of these, "the vast majority of this population was from Iraq (1,300,000), ...", that is, from wars in which the United States and its allies, including Australia, illegally participated in commencing from 1990.

Adapted from article, previously published on Global Research, UK Progressive on 5 Dec 2012 as US Sponsored Genocide Against Iraq 1990-2012 ...

Australia expelled the Syrian ambassador and imposed sanctions against Syria on the pretext of the lie that, on 25 and 26 May, the Syrian Government murdered citizens who were, in fact, supporters of that government. Evidence reported, by, amongst other sources, the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, shows that the murders were carried out by the NATO-sponsored "Free Syrian Army" (FSA) terrorists at Houla on 25 and 25 May 2012 [1].

On top of defending itself against terrorism, Syria has given refuge to a vast number of refugees from wars extending back to the creation of Israel by the expulsion of Palestinans in 1947.

According to Wikipedia, "Syria hosted a population of refugees and asylum seekers number approximately 1,852,300. Of these, "the vast majority of this population was from Iraq (1,300,000), ...", that is, from wars in which the United States and its allies including Australia, illegally participated in commencing from 1990.

The justifications for these wars, including the "incubator babies" and Iraqi "Weapons of Mass Destruction" (WMDs) were fraudulent and known to be fraudulent by the US and UK Governments and, in all likelihood, the Australian Governments of Prime Ministers Bob Hawke, Paul Keating and John Howard, as well.

Statement by Professor Francis Boyle, Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal

Approximately 3.3 million Iraqis, including 750,000 children, were "exterminated" by economic sanctions and/or illegal wars conducted by the U.S. and Great Britain between 1990 and 2012, an eminent international legal authority says.

The slaughter fits the classic definition of Genocide Convention Article II of, “Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part,” says Francis Boyle, professor of international law at the University of Illinois, Champaign, and who in 1991 filed a class-action complaint with the UN against President George H.W. Bush.

The U.S. and U.K. "obstinately insisted" that their sanctions remain in place until after the “illegal” Gulf War II aggression perpetrated by President George W. Bush and UK’s Tony Blair in March, 2003, “not with a view to easing the over decade-long suffering of the Iraqi people and children” but “to better facilitate the U.S./U.K. unsupervised looting and plundering of the Iraqi economy and oil fields in violation of the international laws of war as well as to the grave detriment of the Iraqi people,” Boyle said.

In an address last Nov. 22 to The International Conference on War-affected Children in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Boyle tallied the death toll on Iraq by U.S.-U.K. actions as follows:

  • The slaughter of 200,000 Iraqis by President Bush in his illegal 1991 Gulf War I.
  • The deaths of 1.4 million Iraqis as a result of the illegal 2003 war of aggression ordered by President Bush Jr. and Prime Minister Blair.
  • The deaths of 1.7 million Iraqis "as a direct result" of the genocidal sanctions.

Boyle's class-action complaint demanded an end to all economic sanctions against Iraq; criminal proceedings for genocide against President George H.W. Bush; monetary compensation to the children of Iraq and their families for deaths, physical and mental injury; and for shipping massive humanitarian relief supplies to that country.

The grossly hypocritical” UN refused to terminate the sanctions, Boyle pointed out, even though its own Food and Agricultural Organization's Report estimated that by 1995 the sanctions had killed 560,000 Iraqi children during the previous five years.

Boyle noted that then U.S. Secretary of State Madeline Albright was interviewed on CBS-TV on May 12, 1996, in response to a question by Leslie Stahl if the price of half a million dead children was worth it, and replied, "we (the U.S. government) think the price is worth it."

Albright's shocking response provides "proof positive of the genocidal intent by the U.S. government against Iraq" under the Genocide Convention, Boyle said, adding that the government of Iraq today could still bring legal action against the U.S. and the U.K. in the International Court of Justice. He said the U.S.-U.K. genocide also violated the municipal legal systems of all civilized nations in the world; the 1989 Convention on the Rights of the Child; and the Fourth Geneva Convention of 1949 and its Additional Protocol 1 of 1977.

Boyle, who was stirred to take action pro bono by Mothers in Iraq after the economic sanctions had been imposed upon them by the Security Council in August, 1990, in response to pressure from the Bush Senior Administration. He is the author of numerous books on international affairs, including "Destroying World Order".

Footnotes

[1] See Report: Rebels Responsible for Houla Massacre of 10 June 2012, US-Sponsored Gangs Committed Houla Massacre of 14 June 2012, The United Nations and the Houla Massacre: The Information Battlefield of 12 June 2012, US-NATO Sponsored Crimes against Humanity in Syria. Coverup by UN Human Rights Council of 2 Dec 2012, Propaganda War: Houla Massacre Committed by US-NATO Sponsored “Free Syrian Army”. But They Accuse Syrian Government of 9 Jun 2012, LIES AND FABRICATIONS: The Houla Massacre of 29 May 2012, BREAKING: Prime German Paper: Syrian Rebels Committed Houla Massacre of 10 Jun 2012, The Houla Massacre: The Disinformation Campaign of 13 Jun 2012, The UN and General Mood's "Missing Report" on Conflicting Accounts of Houla Massacre of 11 Sep 2012, SYRIA: The Houla Massacre and the Subversion of the Peace Plan of 7 Jun 2012, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung confirms: Houla massacre committed by Syrian “rebels” of 16 Jun 2012,

Comments

AUSTRALIA FIRST PARTY
VICTORIAN BRANCH

CITIZENS PETITION

TO:- The Members of the High Court of Australia; the Honorable Chief Justice Murray Gleeson AC, the Honorable Justice William Gummow AC, the Honorable Justice Michael Kirby AC CMG, the Honorable Justice Kenneth Hayne AC, the Honorable Ian Callinan AC, the Honorable Justice Dyson Heyden AC, the Honorable Justice Susan Maree Crennan.

We the undersigned Citizens, entitled to vote in elections, and being MEMBERS OF THE ELECTOR’S PARLIAMENT OF AUSTRALIA, THE HIGHEST AUTHORITY IN OUR NATIVE LAND, Petition and Authorise the said Justices to:-

I] Constitute and undertake a Judicial Enquiry into the knowledge, conduct, and actions of the former Howard/Vaile Liberal/National Party Government, its Ministers and Parliamentary Members, and to include such Public Servants as they find involved, excepting and excluding all members of the Australian Defence Forces, which has contributed and led to the Act of War by Australia on the Sovereign Nation of Iraq, to establish any illegality, breaches of Public Duty and or Trust owed towards the Australian People.
II] We further Petition and Authorise the said Justices, should such illegality, breaches of Public Duty and or Trust, be prima facie established:-
a] To engage and request the Governor General of Australia, to pursue the Public Prosecutors Office to institute criminal charges against the same, as are appropriate under the Crimes Act, or other legislation in accord with the Australian Constitution.
b] To forthwith request the Governor General, as Commander of the Australian Defence Forces, to proceed with the orderly disengagement of Australian Military Personnel from continuing war on the Iraqi People, and for their safe return to Australia.
c] To establish a tribunal or authority as necessary to consider redressing the damage, and the suffering thus caused to the People of Iraq.

Name Address Signature

Ten years after the event and two years after the Australian release of the movie Fair Game, based upon the book by Valerie Plame and Joe Wilson, who together blew the whistle on the Iraqi WMD fraud back in 2003, ABC's Four Corners has 'revealed' to its audiences that they were lied to by their governments in order to justify the invasion of Iraq in 2003, which resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands.

However, Four Corners' seeming resolve to inform the Australian public about lies used to promote one unjust war has not extended to the two year old Syrian conflict, where tens of thousands have died at the hands terrorist killers, judging by its earlier report, The Battle for Syria of 8 October last year. The terrorists of the so-called "Free Syrian Army" (FSA) have been armed, supplied and paid for by the same criminals who waged the 10 year old war against Iraq made possible by the WMD lie.

Judging by the fact that this report also repeated the fraudulent Official account of the 9/11 terrorist attack, Four Corners' resolve also does not extend to Afghanistan, the invasion of which was justified by that lie.