The genocide goes on: Several babies died when taken out of incubators that had no power and many more cancer patients sent home died. Most injured people cannot be helped since the medical system is completely collapsed and there are 27,000 injured. A friend I have in Gaza told me an American flag was seen on a tank and unusual soldiers not Israeli are seen (wonder if these are the US Delta forces that Biden was photographed shaking their hands in this country). Rotting dead human bodies are all over Gaza. Stray hungry dogs are eating some.
Of course Israel does not allow international observers or even international journalists to enter Gaza to check on its lies and distortions. They even killed 1 Lebanese and 37 Palestinian journalists (majority reporting for international agencies). I do not know if some people have yet thought of eating other humans to survive (at least in North Gaza were starvation and thirst are more since Israel carpet-bombed the area).
Now to be sure there are many genocides/holocausts in human history but there are six unique features of this ongoing one:
1) It is so blatantly obvious and live broadcast live 24 hours a day and available for anyone willing to switch off the mainstream media and go to
live footage like aljazeera.com or almayadeen or even telegram, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok etc. The images and sounds are horrifying (imagine people there also feeling and smelling the death and dying
2) It is self-admitted by the Zionists themselves including that they denied water, foo, medicine, fuel, electricity etc to the 2.3 million inhabitants of Gaza and even proudly explained that there are “no civilians in Gaza” (Israeli president), and we deny food because we are dealing with human animals (Israeli minister of war), see https://popular-resistance.blogspot.com/2023/11/are-we-being-duped-to-focus-only-on.html
3) It is accompanied by the highest number of LIES spoken by Israeli officials and parroted by those with no conscience. Is anything the Israeli
government say to be believed after a long history of past and present lies challenged by facts- see https://popular-resistance.blogspot.com/2023/11/does-truth-matter.html ).
4) Due to the money and resources of strong lobbies (most of it funded by Western taxpayer money), the colonization, ethnic cleansing, and apartheid
are supported by a) many western and arab governments, b) the mainstream media parroting the Israeli (false) talking points
5) Palestinians are not only victimized (8 million are refugees/displaced people, millions who remain in Palestine stored in ghettos/Bantustans/concentration camps and subjected for decades to the most brutal oppression. Bu Palestinians and their supporters asking for human rights are also dehumanized and defamed as hating Jews etc (ironic since thousands of Jews were willing to be arrested and even brutalized for their support of Palestinian rights)
6) There is a vicious brutalization of people for being Palestinian by Israeli occupation forces (and here there is no distinction between settlers and soldiers since everyone serves in the army and all behave similar). Collective punishment and torture are rampant. Beatings of and shooting civilians happen regularly. The attempt to suppress free speech goes on, destroying any semblance or pretense of “democracy.” A new law in Israel forbids people from watching some videos considered “terrorist propaganda” (and of course anything against Israeli apartheid is considered such). People under Israeli rule lost their jobs, were jailed or tortured or all for social media posts even mildly speaking of the horrors of Gaza.
In Gaza now, if you post a message critical of Israeli actions your home can be bombed. In the Western countries also, citizens showing sympathy to
Palestine or working against apartheid or colonialism are targeted. There are laws in some US states against engaging in Boycotts, Divestments,
Sanctions and in some European countries working for freedom for Palestine is considered illegal.
On the positive side this injustice has garnered unprecedented public outrage around the world. Millions were in the streets protesting and hundreds of thousands are acting and engaged in civil disobedience, in boycott of Israeli and US products that support colonization etc. (see ongaza.org item # 21). That is also unique!! Everything helps so please keep the pressure on the cheerleaders and participants in genocide.
I wrote some open letters before and here for the sake of those who missed some of those letters here are the links:
Letter to Gaza
Letter to the world
Letter to US Citizens
Letter to Israelis and Jews who support Israel
Letter to PLO
Letter to Mainstream media
Update on numbers of victims from the UN https://www.ochaopt.org/updates
Chris Hedges The Horror
Israeli soldiers beat father in front of wife and child and mother tries to reassure child
Other interesting videos stripping prisoners (most with no charge or simple workers) and beating them while many are naked.
This material can also be found on Mazin's blog at
About the Author:
A bedouin in cyberspace, a villager at home
Professor, Founder, and (volunteer) Director
Palestine Museum of Natural History
Palestine Institute of Biodiversity and Sustainability